Friday, June 20, 2008

New House!!!!!

Well here is another post... back in March we bought a new house.

We are currently living in a 1200sq ft. 2 bedroom house. We have a kitchen/dinning room combo, a livingroom, and 2 bathrooms (one in hall way and one in master bedroom). And that is it. So raising a family of 2 boy toddlers and one Princess and a cat in this small space is challenging to say the least. We knew all along we were going to have to find a new house but when the Princess came along it was something that was going to have to happen soon.

Anyway here it is June and we still not in the house. But because of the gift of having a CPA for a hubby and his desire to not have debts if at all possible we own this house outright so we are blessed not to carry 2 mortages. So if it takes a few more months to get in then that is what it will take. The new house is a 2 story 5 bedroom house. The bedrooms for the 2 Princes and the Princess are upstairs as well as a guest room and family/playroom and a bathroom and 3 good size closets in the hallways as well in the bedrooms. There is a space under the roof above the garage that is big enough to finish flooring in to make an office for DH. Downstairs had a formal dinning room, livingroom, master bedroom, kitchen with a breakfast area and the utility room. We tried to do all the painting ourselves but that started to get hard to do with life getting in the way. So in the middle of May we finally hired someone to finish painting most of the downstairs as well as the 2 story parts. The only things left to to paint in the utility room, and 1/2 bath downstairs, full bath upstairs and the little room where the toilet is in our master bath...my DH calls it the 'water closet'. He is not giving a time frame of move in time but I am hoping that within the next month to get most of everything in the house. His plan is to paint the utility room this weekend and then start moving in the stuff we are storing.

We did buy Older Prince his new big boy bed and will try to get it up and set up in his room. We are going to decorate his room in doggy theme. He just LOVES dogs. I haven't been able to find dog bedding so I am going to try my hand at sewing. I found some great material at Hancock fabrics to make a quilt/comforter for his bed. There is enough material left to maybe also make a special doggy pillow for his bed. We would only need to buy a dresser for his room. OOOOOOOOO the bed my DH found on Craig's list. It is solid wood and is like a Captian's bed. It has 2 drawers at the head of the bed on each side and also 2 drawers at the foot of the bed on each side, in the middle 2 storage compartments. I think I can safely make a very simple blanket/comforter/quilt for it. Younger Prince will be getting Older Prince's toddler bed as his big boy bed for now. He is into air planes so his room will be done in air planes. He loves JAY JAY (I had never heard of him before but he is like Thomas the Train). Anyway my MIL gave me the site address where they had a toddler bedding set on closeout sale for JAY JAY and I got it along with a JAY JAY cuddle pillow for him. Princess will be getting Younger Prince's crib and bedroom set we bought when YP came along. It does grow with her into a full size bed. I have decided to decorate her room in fairies. I am looking forward to that one. I want stuff that will grow with her into her early elementary age we will see how successful I am with that..

The rest of the house hasn't been decided on decorations yet. There is a slight difference of opinion between DH and myself.

I will try to get some pics of the house and post those soon.

Blessings

No comments: