Friday, March 27, 2009

Well I had my (I'm sure to be only the first talk) about death with Caleb.

Yesterday was the memorial service for one of my dear friends who passed away 2wks ago. On top of that happening I had a MD appointment first thing in the morning with a new eye doctor who told me that the problems were not caused by the diabetes and there was no evidence of potential damage from the diabetes yet but just plain "you are over 40" speach in other words I AM GETTING OLD!!!! So now bifocals for me folks.... We had some real severe weather come through yesterday as well. Caleb is still extremely afraid of lightening and thunder especially those explosive ones that shake the house to it's foundation. He was clung to me like white on rice as they say.......

Now back to the topic at hand. During that storm my mother in law was on her way back to your house to watch the kids for me the 2nd time that day....THANK YOU MARY JANE YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!!! Anyway I was explaining to the boys that Gran was on her way back to play with them because mommy had to go to church and say good bye to a friend. Caleb started with all kinds of questions and comments about my friend going on vacation or to visit friends etc. Now you can't really lie about it so I told him this:

mommy- No Caleb mommy's friend died and went to live forever with God. She is so much happier there but that means mommy won't see her anymore and I need to go say good bye.
Caleb-She lives with God forever? but why? (his favorite question these days)
mommy- Yes forever. She was very sick and God said it was time to come live with Him. She is now going to never get sick again and can watch over us from heaven.
Caleb---mommy go to heaven to??? (with a stricken look on his face)
mommy- NO mommy is coming home I promise. I just have to go say good bye to her. I promise I am not going to heaven anytime soon....I will be home.
Caleb-ooooooooo ok mommy come home..... I LOVE YOU MOMMY (he yelled it)

that brought tears to my eyes made me feel good. But I think I handled the first thoughts and concept of dying and going to heaven with him well and that right now mommy is not going she will be here with him..

I ask that y'all please keep him in your prayers as he wrestles with this concept and that I can answer and help him understand even better if he comes asking again....

Blessings!

No comments: