Thursday, February 19, 2009

Guess who had a birthday in our house today!

DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right today was Richard's birthday. Happy Birthday to the man of my dreams and the best daddy I have ever known.

Richard is always there with a smile and a patient heart for Caleb, Robert and Sarah. He is always willing to lay on the floor so they can play 'climb mount daddy'. He is always there to read a story or have someone sit on his lap. He is always there to provide comfort and love when someone is hurt. He is also there to gently give punishment and guidance when bad choices are made. He is always there to make 'pancakes' when a little boy sits in his face while daddy is sleeping on a Saturday saying "I want pancakes!!!!" He is always there to ask one of the kids to help him make a bookcase or get the mail or set the table or work on the lawn. I only occasionally see him lose his cool but even then he is there to sit quietly and talk about the differences between bad choices and good choices and to love up on them even when bad choices are being made.

Richard you are the best daddy and our children couldn't have a better daddy if they mail ordered him from God themselves.

I am also very blessed to have you as my husband. You always think of me and the type of day I have had. You are always there to take over when you come home from work to give me a break. You do all the baths and putting to bed. You always are willing to rub my aching back with bengay even when you really don't want to. You lead our home like no one I know. Your love of Christ shines through everything you do and I lean on that daily. Our life didn't start off like the normal couples life does but God knew what He was doing in keeping us for no other then each other. I can't express to you enough or do enough for you to show you just how much my life would be void and empty without you.

So on this day they day your mother brought you into this world.. the day God declared for your arrival I thank you for who you are, what you do and I thank you God for everything about you. Besides the special birthday supper of prime rib, mashed cauliflower, asparagas, salad and instead of birthday cake a birthday chocolate cream pie I pray for you a day filled with blessings beyond your dreams, love beyond your hearts ability to contain it and laughter to split your side.

I love you more today then I did yesterday but most definately more then tomorrow!!!

No comments: