Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the famous question "how do you....."

Well I have seen many times over the past sevearl months postings on my yahoo adoption communities that start with the question of "how do you....." you can add any thing to the end and I am sure it has been covered. All except what we dealt with this past week. (I am going to have to post this situation though with the solution)

When you have a baby in the house with 2 toddler boys who are ALL boy you are bound to have some interesting things going on. The boys were put to bed last Friday and like always they never go to bed they play around, run around, carry on or anything to bring daddy/mommy to the brink of destruction. Well after 3 times of get back in bed it was finally quiet. Almost toooo quiet ya know what I mean. The quiet you know in your gut that something isn't right????? Well Richard went up to check on the boys and they were in the guest bedroom (where mommy/daddy are still sleeping upstairs with them) and had taken the jar of bottom cream (yup diaper rash cream) and had decided they needed a new hair style. Both heads were white and their hair spiked into a mohawk. Richard tells me Caleb's was a perfect mohawk and he did a great job. Well 3 washings later and both boys heads were still white and their hair stiff and coated with the cream. So I asked around here at church and even at the school if anyone ever experienced this and no one had.....is it just my kids????? Anyway I was looking for some help on getting out especially with school pictures coming up.

Well I called Babchie (my mother)...she hadn't had this experience but did tell me to try lemon juice. Now that was thought....citric acid hmmmmmm. Well I didn't have lemon juice but did have a bottle of lime juice. We laid Caleb (whose hair was the worst) on the counter with his head over the sink and I poured the lime juice on his hair then added right away the shampoo and guess what??????? that's right it came out... so

3 SHOUTS OUT TO BABCHIE!!!!!!!!! Now the boys will have pictures done with their normal hair not hair from who knows where.

Blessings

No comments: